Seed Grant Program Overview
Through the generous support of numerous departments, the CRM is pleased to offer one year, $50,000 (direct costs) research seed grants and, in some years, additional postdoctoral and staff $10,000 seed grants. The intent of these grants is to facilitate innovative research in regenerative medicine. Any project of high merit will be considered, but priority will be given to the following areas:
- The intersection of precision medicine and regenerative medicine
- Translational and/or entrepreneurial regenerative medicine
- Human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and organoids
- Special topics to be announced yearly in partnership with other Schools and Centers at Washington University
- 2022 – Musculoskeletal Regenerative Medicine (partnership with the Musculoskeletal Research Center at Washington University)
- 2023 – Women’s Health Engineering (partnership with the School of Engineering and the Center for Women’s Health Engineering)
- 2024 – iPSCs and organoids (partnership with the Human Cells, Tissues, and Organoids Core)
Newly initiated interdisciplinary collaborations among CRM members are highly encouraged.
Awardees must hold an appointment at Washington University for the duration of the award and be current members or eligible for membership in the Center of Regenerative Medicine for the 2023-2024 fiscal year. There is no citizenship requirement. we anticipate that these grants will be used to generate sufficient data to apply for extramural funding.